- Marty Stuart at Brown County Indiana 6.23.22
- Steve Earle at Brown County Music Center
- DOWNTOWN INDIANAPOLIS MUSIC VENUE TO BE RENAMED
- Newport Music Hall Documentary
- Carb Day 2020 Virtual Concert
- Indiana Independent Venue Alliance (IIVA) Created to fight for venue survival amid mandated, extended shutdowns
Jeff Hanneman of Slayer dies at 49
Guitarist Jeff Hanneman, one of the founders of the thrash metal band slayer, died Thursday of liver failure at age 49.
“Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11 a.m. this morning near his Southern California home,” a statement posted on the band’s Facebook page read. “Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.”
Hanneman and Kerry King founded the band in southern California in 1981. The band has been awarded two Grammys for best metal performance and has four gold albums.
In 2011, Hanneman contracted necrotizing fasciitis, which he believed he got from a spider bite.
Photo Credit: Calbee, under CC-SA Calbee http://www.flickr.com/photos/calbeebooth/
Powered by Facebook Comments