- Marty Stuart at Brown County Indiana 6.23.22
- Steve Earle at Brown County Music Center
- DOWNTOWN INDIANAPOLIS MUSIC VENUE TO BE RENAMED
- Newport Music Hall Documentary
- Carb Day 2020 Virtual Concert
- Indiana Independent Venue Alliance (IIVA) Created to fight for venue survival amid mandated, extended shutdowns
Chuck Berry Dies at 90
“If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it ‘Chuck Berry’.”
— John Lennon
Rolling Stone Magazine listed him as #5 of the 100 Greatest Artists. Many early rockers, among them The Beatles and The Stones, would call him one of their greatest influences. Charles Edward Anderson Berry was born on October 18, 1926 and he died today, March 18,2017.
Electric on stage, Chuck Berry penned many of the songs that would become the core of fundamental rock and roll. “Maybelline,” “Roll Over Beethoven,” “Rock And Roll Music,” and “Johnny B. Goode,” the song which would become the anthem for thousands of kids learning to play guitar while dreaming of a musical career.
Chuck Berry was found dead at a home outside St. Louis. He was 90.
Easy Journey Mr. Berry.
Powered by Facebook Comments